I am excited to learn the best practices of multimedia learning to create an engaging platform. Learning the proper principals to follow will improve learning outcomes and enhance my own knowledge.

I am unsure how to adapt multimedia teachings from synchronous, real-time audiences, to asynchronous audiences, at different paces. With the majority of education being online, it is crucial for me to understand the most effective way of engaging each type of audience.

Photo by Scott Graham on Unsplash

Rich’s son playing the pandemic web-based game is an excellent example of multimedia learning, which educates users about the relevant information of how diseases spread and the importance of vaccinations. This multimedia learning is effective and effortless because users can be engaged and enjoy the game, while learning at the same time.

In my Econ 104 class, Sapling Learning was a great type of multimedia learning that was very impactful. This online platform combined textbook readings with video clips highlighting important concepts, then quizzed my knowledge. The combination of these methods made the platform learner-centered and compatible with the way I learn. I could listen, watch, and read material, which altogether worked to strengthen my knowledge of each concept.

Above, the founder of Sapling Learning, Dr. James Caras, explains the benefits of the platform.

In previous classes, I have created posters with clear visual aids and PowerPoint presentations with short video clips to make my topic more impactful, inviting, and learner-centered. These visual aids and video clips were a refreshing and memorable method of highlighting important information, beyond written descriptions.

Macmillan Learning. (2016, January 11). Dr. James Caras welcomes students to Sapling Learning [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqfaR68RQE