Noticing that in my first 360-tour, there were only words and text, I added narration to follow the modality principle. This information is more meaningful to the audience because graphics and narration is more personal and understandable than graphics and text alone. Narration also allows me to expand on the text.

Incorporating narration into my tour also improved the personalization principle, creating a conversational style instead of a formal style. This conversational style makes people feel more involved and emotionally invested, which results in them paying closer attention to the content. 

I made better use of the segmenting principle, incorporating multiple-choice questions after explaining specific parts of the tour. Adding these learned-paced segments allows the audience to develop a better foundation of the material, before moving onto different ideas.

The self-explanation principle was a key addition, where multiple-choice questions allowed the audience to generate their own thoughts. This forces the audience think actively, actually applying the information they learned. 

The feedback principle was added, where after each multiple-choice question, I gave additional input based on the different answers. This allows learners to immediately see my information, enhancing their knowledge of Campbell River.

I applied the Dual Coding theory to utilize narration and images, as these are stored in separate areas of short-term memory. I avoided overloading the visual channel by limiting the amount of text and images explaining the same idea. I used narration to expanded on text and textboxes to add additional support, without being redundant.

The Cognitive Theory of Multimedia ensured I used two separate channels (auditory through narration and visual through images) for essential processing of information. I avoided extraneous processing because extraneous materials reduce the transfer of learning (coherence principle) due to limited channel capacity. For generative processing, I created used learner-paced segments so the audience could actively organize and integrate information in their working memory. 

Active Learning is an approach I utilized to engage the audience through hands-on skill-building, conversational discussions, multiple-choice problem-solving and reflecting.

Below is my improved 360-tour.